Aburi Salmon Nigiri (seared salmon sushi)
Ingredients: 2 pieces
- 2.5 oz cooked white rice
- 2 tsp store-bought sushi vinegar
- 2 slices sashimi-grade salmon
- 1/8 onion, thinly sliced
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Fresh dill (optional)
- In a small bowl, add the water and sliced onions. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Drain over the strainer and remove any excess water from the onion slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix rice and vinegar. Scoop half of the rice and place it on your hand. Tightly squeeze to shape the rice into an oval pod size. (Dipping your hand in the water before handling the rice will be helpful.) Repeat the procedure.
- Top the rice pods with salmon, then the onions. Drizzle mayonnaise and garnish with dill as an option. Serve immediately.