Ingredients: 1 serving
1 bao bun, steamed according to package directions
- 3.5 oz chicken thigh, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp sake or white wine
- 2 Tbsp potato starch or corn starch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Leafy vegetables
- Red cabbages, shredded
- Fresh red chili pepper
1 Tbsp Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing
- In a bowl, mix together the ginger, soy sauce, and sake. Add the chicken and mix well. Let it sit for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat it with potato starch. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat an inch of oil to 340°F. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes. Remove from the oil and let it rest for 3 minutes. Heat oil to 355°F and cook the chicken again for 2 more minutes. (This makes the chicken extra crispy. Watch out for oil splatters.) Remove the chicken from the oil and set aside.
How to assemble:
– Place the leafy vegetables on the bun, then top with the chicken.
– Top with red cabbage and chilis. Drizzle the dressing and serve immediately.