Izakaya-style Potato Salad
Ingredients: Serves 4 side dish portions
- 2 large potatoes
- ¼ onion, sliced thinly
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing (to drizzle)
- Lettuce leaves, torn by hand into bite-size pieces (optional)
- Wash the potatoes and wrap them in a paper towel. Place in a microwave-safe dish and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Be cautious when removing them, as they will be extremely hot.
- Once slightly cooled, peel and roughly mash the potatoes in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, immerse the sliced onions in water. After a moment, drain and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add the onions to the potato mixture.
- Add the mayonnaise and chopped egg to the potato mixture and combine well.
- If using lettuce, arrange it on the serving plate. Top with the potato salad and generously drizzle with the Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing.
- Serve immediately.